Street Fighter® Pros Face-off Against World’s Best Power Rangers: Legacy Wars Players at Amazon’s Mobile Masters Tournament
SAN FRANCISCO – June 20, 2018 – Amazon’s Mobile Masters esports tournament is kicking off this weekend in Seattle! The world’s top Power Rangers: Legacy Wars players are coming together to compete for a $20,000 prize after weeks of heated battles.
Just before the final match, Street Fighter® professional esports athletes Justin Wong, Filipino Champ and Marn will be playing Power Rangers: Legacy Wars live on-stage against Peter Sudarso, a member of the current Power Rangers cast, and other professional Legacy Wars players. While Team Capcom Pros is comprised of fighting game heavyweights, it remains to be seen if their honed Street Fighter skills can transfer into Legacy Wars enough to best Team Power Rangers All-Stars.
Here’s a quick rundown of nWay’s Power Rangers: Legacy Wars Mobile Masters takeover:
- The tournament runs from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 23
- The exhibition match will take place right before the final tournament match
- Total for entire Mobile Masters tournament: $100,000
- The amount allotted to Legacy Wars: $20,000
Exhibition match format:
- Three vs. three in a best of seven format
Where to watch:
Team Capcom Pros (Exhibition match):
- Filipino Champ (Ryan Ramirez) – 2012 EVO World Champion
- Marn (Martin Phan) – Tatsunoko vs. Capcom EVO Champion
Team Power Rangers All-Stars (Exhibition match):
- Peter Sudarso – Current Power Rangers cast member and one of the top 20 finishers in the Power Rangers Legacy Wars Anniversary Tournament
- Jonathan Snow – Hyper RPG Tournament Champion and Runner-Up in Mobile Masters 2017 for Power Rangers: Legacy Wars
- DTPNIGHT7 (Aaron Zollicoffer) – Top 8 in Mobile Masters 2017 for Power Rangers: Legacy Wars
nWay is the game studio behind Power Rangers: Legacy Wars and ChronoBlade, a competitive and cooperative multiplayer Action RPG for mobile. Featuring console quality graphics and fast-paced synchronous cross-platform multiplayer gameplay, nWay’s games leverage the company’s proprietary technology for a latency-free experience. The company is based in San Francisco with offices in Seoul, Korea. The nWay team is comprised of leading developers and executives from companies like Sony, Electronic Arts, LucasArts, Kabam, Nexon, and NCSoft. They have collectively contributed to over a dozen hit mobile, console and online games including FIFA, Battlefield Online, Lineage II, Warhammer, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Heroes of Newerth, Dominations, Star Wars Uprising and Marvel Contest of Champions. nWay has received venture funding from Ridge Ventures, March Capital, Baseline Ventures, Translink Capital, and WI Harper. For more information, visit nWay at www.nway.com.
About Saban’s Power Rangers
Saban’s Power Rangers franchise is the brainchild of Haim Saban, creator, and producer of the original “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers” hit series that launched in 1993. Following its introduction, “Power Rangers” quickly became the most-watched children’s television program in the United States and remains one of the top-rated and longest running kids live-action series in television history. The series follows the adventures of a group of ordinary teens who morph into superheroes and save the world from evil. It is seen in more than 150 markets, translated into numerous languages and a favorite on many key international children’s programming blocks around the world. For more information, visit www.powerrangers.com
The first major new studio in decades, Lionsgate is a global content platform whose films, television series, digital products and linear and over-the-top platforms reach next-generation audiences around the world. In addition to its filmed entertainment leadership, Lionsgate content drives a growing presence in interactive and location-based entertainment, gaming, virtual reality and other new entertainment technologies. Lionsgate’s content initiatives are backed by a 16,000-title film and television library and delivered through a global licensing infrastructure. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with original, daring and ground-breaking content created with special emphasis on the evolving patterns and diverse composition of the Company’s worldwide consumer base.
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games including groundbreaking franchises Resident Evil®, Street Fighter®, Monster Hunter™, Ace Attorney®, Mega Man® and Devil May Cry®. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, U.K., France, Germany, Tokyo, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korea, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom and its products can be found at www.capcom.com or www.capcom-unity.com.
Capcom, the Capcom logo, Ace Attorney, Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd., in the U.S. or other countries. Street Fighter is a registered trademark of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Retrospective Series – Street Fighter I & II
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Retrospective Series – Street Fighter Alpha
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection – Retrospective Series: Street Fighter Alpha | PS4
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Retrospective Series – Street Fighter III | PS4
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection – Nintendo Switch Trailer