Pittsburgh VR Meetup
This meetup is all about social worlds in VR. Our special guest Caitlyn Meeks, Director of Product Evangelism for High Fidelity, will explain the underlying ideas and technology that can help you make the metaverse of your dreams a reality! Learn about world building, creating and uploading an avatar, leveraging the Virtual Reality Blockchain Alliance, and creating a reality portal for your VR meetup.
High Fidelity is an open-source, shared VR platform where you can connect and create with others. Anyone can use High Fidelity, from students, artists & VR enthusiasts, to business owners and educators. Started by Philip Rosedale, founder of Second Life, High Fidelity is a high-performance, low-latency platform for unparallelled human interaction in VR.
We will also provide a contextual overview of other social VR platforms. Come ready to talk about your experiences in social VR or to ask questions.
Pizza will be provided, and we will have headsets on hand for demos.
Free parking! Free event!
Pittsburgh, PA 15206 – USA
Monday, January 21 at 5:00 PM
Source: Pittsburgh VR Meetup
- Social VR in 2019: A Visit w/ Caitlin Meeks, Product Evangelist at High Fidelity
- Become a Virtual DJ! Meet the Co-Founder of TribeXR's Virtual DJ School
- New free RPG resources, demonstrate AR and anything else w/ Unreal!
- General Unreal Engine Chat
- Chat about Unreal Engine, demonstrate AR and programming plugins.