As part of the Youngstown Game Developer Meetup Group’s (YGD’s) commitment to make this a great place to meet and interact with other members, those members (and guests) agree to abide by our Social Code. You are responsible for knowing and abiding by these conduct rules to ensure that everyone feels welcome. All in-person events and online aspects of YGD are subject to the Social Code. This includes, without limitation, account names, event names, profile content, comments, chat and forum activity, e-mail or private messages to any members, guests or staff.
Violation of these rules is grounds for membership termination, which includes you forfeiting all content associated with your account and is no longer permitted the use of our online services or attending events. The organizers of YGD are the final judges of whether a member’s behavior qualifies as inappropriate or disruptive. Members are encouraged to contact YGD staff (contact firstname.lastname@example.org) if they believe they’ve observed a violation and wish to report it. We take member concerns and privacy seriously, therefore all reports will be handled tactfully and with no retaliation.
This Social Code is subject to change at any time at the discretion of YGD staff and was last updated on February 14, 2016.
YGD Social Code
Do not post, distribute, or link to obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, graphically or gratuitously violent, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive, hateful or discriminatory language or content. This includes “masking” language by using alternative characters/spelling/spacing.
YGD is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
We Will Not Tolerate:
- Harass a specific person (repeated flaming, personal attacks or posting their private information)
- Troll or bait the community in general with inflammatory statements, such as ones designed to elicit a negative response from the community
- Use hate speech or racial, ethnic, sexist, homophobic or religious slurs
- Use sexual language or imagery, including in presentations
- Put forward unwanted sexual advances or propositions
- Post or otherwise disclose any personal or private information of another person, or any confidential information pertaining to a business, without consent.
- Do not promote, plan, glorify or engage in any illegal activity or otherwise make available content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense.
- Do not impersonate other persons, including members of the YGD staff, by screen name or self-representation, or attempt to obtain sensitive information from other members. For example:
- Falsely claim an official title or to hold position relating to YGD
- Falsely claim the representation of another business or website
- Fake an existing member’s screen name by using similar-looking characters
- “Spoof” or “emote” another member’s text in a chat room, forum, or other channels
- Falsely claim to be a law enforcement officer
- Solicit passwords or personal information from other members
- Do not disrupt chat, forums, calendar events, blog comments or other communication channels. For example:
- Spam through repeated posts/RSVPs, or off-topic content by word or intent to forums or comments (scrolling, flooding, polling, or by “bumping” a post more than once in 48 hours).
- Please avoid making off-topic posts as well.
- Do not excessively advertise. Members can discuss their games or related events, but may not:
- Repeatedly advertise events that are not YGD events or approved by YGD organizers
- Repeatedly advertise other groups, clubs, or events that are not approved by YGD organizers
- Advertise or promote a business or commercial website without special permission from YGD organizers
- Send unsolicited commercial or purportedly informational messages to any members
- Do not attempt to use or gain access to another’s account(s), engage another member under false pretenses or otherwise defraud another member.
To further the growth and interest in our group, all YGD events that are held at public or private facilities must abide by the policies for that particular location.
Explanation of Disciplinary Escalation and Procedures
If a member of YGD has demonstrated he or she cannot follow this Social Code, or the policies of a partner venue or website, then the member may lose access to ALL of his or her accounts and all associated content, screen names and ability to attend YGD events. YGD staff may issue formal warnings in person, by post, private message or email when a member has made a Social Code infraction. If violations continue, YGD staff may impose a timed suspension, or immediately terminate the individual’s account. Depending on the severity of the infraction, warnings may be bypassed in favor of immediate account termination.