Luiz and Galen take you behind the scenes of the making of Rebirth – the short film by Quixel, SideFX and Epic – launched at GDC 2019.
Rebirth demonstrates that using a film quality approach in a real-time setting is achievable in Unreal Engine using high quality scan data. Leveraging the power of Houdini under the hood, coupled with Megascans and LIDAR on top, the production team proved that small team of artists can achieve insanely high quality results in a short amount of time.
- Intro to Motion Operators (MOPs) | Moritz Schwind & Henry Foster | End User Event 2019
- PDG as a Pipeline Tool for Small Teams | Pavel Smirnov | SIGGRAPH 2019
- UE4 Livestream – Rebirth: Worldbuilding with Houdini
- Science-Based Storytelling in Planetarium Show Production & Other Digital Media | Jerone Lapré |…
- “Game” Development Tools | Luiz Kruel | SIGGRAPH 2019