Game designer and 3D artist Adrian Lazar talks about how Houdini was used in the development of his indie game, Planet Alpha. You’ll learn how Adrian got started with Houdini, the procedural workflows he used, and his advice to new Houdini users.
“Procedural workflows are valuable because they save time, plain and simple, that’s the biggest advantage. You save time on iteration, you save time on data transfer, you just save time and that allows you to spend that time creating more content and better content. The more procedural the workflow, the more flexibility you have.”
Learn more about Planet Alpha here: https://www.planetalpha-game.com/
- Procedural Workflows with Houdini and Unity 2018 for Game Artists | Kenny Lammers | SIGGRAPH 2018
- Houdini Indie for Game Dev
- Houdini Concepts for the Maya Artist | John Moncrief | SIGGRAPH 2018 (SideFX)
- H17 Masterclass: Terrains (Ari Danesh)
- Planet Alpha – Discovery Trailer | PS4