This talk is about how a small team could leverage PDG with mixed Maya-Houdini pipeline. We will examine a ROP-based pipeline Griot Groove has been using to get data in and out of Maya, and how the same goals could be easily achieved with PDG.
Pavel Smirnov is a Houdini artist and educator based in Tokyo with twelve years of experience. He started his career in Moscow, Russia as a Renderman lighting TD working on commercials and feature films. After moving to Japan in 2011, he created and leads a team of Houdini artists, while developing pipeline tools at Griot Groove, a Tokyo-based VFX studio. In 2014-2017 he taught a Houdini course at Digital Hollywood Tokyo School.
MORE HOUDINI HIVE SIGGRAPH TALKS: https://sidefx.co/2ZE890H
- Houdini Foundations: Pipeline in a Box | Robert Magee | SIGGRAPH 2019
- CG Pipeline of the Future | Industry Panel | SIGGRAPH 2019
- RenderMan for Houdini | Wayne Wooten | SIGGRAPH 2019
- “Game” Development Tools | Luiz Kruel | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Building Worlds with Houdini | Benoit Martinez | Houdini HIVE Paris