Animal Logic’s Matt Estela joins SideFX’s Scott Keating. At this year’s SIGGRAPH, Animal Logic’s Matt Estela spoke about ‘non-VFX VFX’, giving examples of how they use procedural techniques on VFX projects. This proved very popular, giving both new and long-term users some ideas of using Houdini that aren’t in the usual simulation realm. Quite a few people asked if it could be recorded, others had more specific questions about this or that technique – so a webinar is the perfect format to deal with both of those requests. Matt demonstrates the same demos he showed at SIGGRAPH, but this time with less time pressure and the ability to field questions. Plus he throws in some other tips and tricks along the way!
CG WIKI (MATT’S VFX BLOG): tokeru.com/cgwiki/
HOUDINI FILES: sidefx.co/2dvfx5M
- SideFX Webinar: HDA Building Part 2
- SideFX Illume Webinar: Working with Material Style Sheets – Part 2
- Houdini Foundations | Robert Magee | GDC 2018
- Houdini for VR | Scott Keating | Houdini HIVE Utrecht
- SpaceTime Student Competition and Exhibition