Calgary Game Developers
*** We will be on the 2ed floor in the back of the Rose and Crown instead of the usual 3rd floor. ****
So you want to make a game, but you’re not a game developer. You didn’t or couldn’t go to school for it and you have a lot of responsibilities and a day job. You consider yourself an artistic person, you have a great story idea, or both and you feel a game is a great medium to tell it? Let’s get started.
In this presentation Micheal Brandt will go over Mike’s personal journey in 3D/game production moonlighting as a game developer. Dealing with some of the pitfalls Mike had to overcome, and things Mike wished people had told (or not told me) when I started. Mike go over my workflow, procedural tools that Mike built, and the problems Mike had to overcome.
Some of the topics Mike will try to cover:
– You’re not as ‘unskilled’ as you might think: Building your skills to execute on your passion project (both technical and artistically)
– Managing and adapting your expectations based on scope of the project
– Dealing with the pros and cons of outsourcing and delegation of tasks
– Procedural modeling (pros and cons)
– Crowdfunding and funding in the post-golden-age of Kickstarter
6:00 – Mingle, Food, Drinks
7:00 – Light CGDA announcements
7:05 – Micheal Brandt presentation
8:00 to end of night, socailizing, and Community demos if any!
Every third Thursday of every month we have a short presentation or a local community socail. Come join us, bring your projects, and meet local developers!
If you are intrested in giving a talk about anything you are passionate about, shoot us a email: info calgarygamedevelopers.com
Calgary, AB T2P 1J9 – Canada
Thursday, September 19 at 6:00 PM
Source: Calgary Game Developers