Montreal’s SHED tackled the challenge of creating a beautiful family of bears with ‘bigger than life’ personalities – finding a balance between stylization and realism.
SHED used Houdini in a wide variety of ways, including character FX (fur creation and grooming, sliding skin using a cloth solver, etc), environments, lighting/lookdev, etc.
One of their key highlights was that it was ‘great to have a software where the fur and snow sim could interact together’.
- Character FX & Cloth in H17 | SideFX | Character FX & Crowds Production Talks
- Twitch: From frame-to-frame to Spine! Pt. 2
- NieR:Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition Dynamic Theme
- Houdini 17 Banshee – Sneak Peek
- Vellum Cloth Basics | Sara Rascon | Toronto Houdini User Group (THUG) | Nov 2018