Moritz and Henry walk through the suite of tools they developed to help with common motion graphics tasks in Houdini.
The workflow and interface should seem familiar to users of other motion graphics software packages, but it’s using Houdini-friendly workflows under the hood for more experienced Houdini artists.
MOPs is both a ready-to-use toolkit and a framework for constructing your own operators more easily.
0:45 How to Destroy Capri-Sun by Fermenting It
2:40 The Goal of MOPs
3:30 Why MOPs
5:50 Working in Production
6:34 How to Efficiently Waste Everyone’s Time
9:40 Things That Worked (in Production)
12:40 Why Hasn’t Houdini Been Used More in Mograph?
15:05 Houdini Accessibility to Non-Tech Minded Artists
16:05 How MOPs Works – 3 Easy Steps
18:35 The Guts of MOPs
27:22 Who MOPs
27:45 MOPs Misconceptions
34:45 MOPs Demos
- Houdini Foundations: Pipeline in a Box | Robert Magee | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini Crowds at MPC | Mikael Pettersén | Houdini HIVE Paris
- #FREELANCETHUGLIFE | Tim van Helsdingen | FMX 2019
- What is USD: A Primer | Rob Stauffer | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini Crowds | Houdini Connect