Time for something different – let’s have an open and honest discussion about paths into the industry with our friends who have the most experience.
A very controversial article was recently published called “It’s time we stopped encouraging Indies” which kicked up a flurry of opinions and debate about succeeding as an indie. We will be meeting up to discuss the merits of the article, as well as our own experiences as game developers and what that means for the future of our beloved industry. The focus is on share knowledge to help all us reach our own goals, along with a healthy does of practicality.
Discussion points include:
– Defining development approaches (AAA, indie, middle tier, etc. )
– How to break into the industry and choose your path forward
– The controversy around this article
– Common misconceptions and pitfalls
– The future of game development, as we see it
IGDA Cincinnati is built on supporting all developers in our community, regardless of your goals and experience level. Anyone can contribute to the discussion at this roundtable, but we’re hoping for a great turnout from our members who have the most experience and can most speak to these issues.
In addition we will be discussing the direction and goals you all would like to see our chapter take on as the leadership team continues to plan events.
Here is the link to the article, and come with your thoughts ready!
Cincinnati 45249 – USA
Monday, October 29 at 6:30 PM
Source: IGDA Cincinnati
- Unionization Round Table – IGDA Cincinnati
- July Networking – IGDA Cincinnati
- August Networking – IGDA Cincinnati
- IGDA Cincinnati May – 16 Bit Networking
- Projects & Pizza – IGDA Cincinnati – July 2019