Evolving Eevee in Pokemon Go is a little different than in the traditional video games. The evolutions are very simple, but from some testing, it only seems to work the first time you evolve your Eevee into that specific evolution.
I found out by trying to evolve a second Vaporeon but ended up with a Flareon named Rainer.
So, we are going to make this article a short one and get to the point. Once you have enough Eevee candy to evolve your Eevee, you just need to rename your Eevee according to the list below. Be mindful to evolve the Eevee you want to use for battle.
Me for instance, I like XL Eevees with decent appraises, like good defense or good attack.
Also, don’t use all lower-case letters. The first letter needs to be capitalized in order for the evolution to work.
List of How to Evolve Eevee
- For Flareon, name your Eevee Pyro
- For Jolteon, name your Eevee Sparky
- For Vaporeon, name your Eevee Rainer
- For Espeon, name your Eevee Sakura
- For Umbreon, name your Eevee Tamao
When you’ve finished renaming your Eevee, exit the Pokemon GO app completely and re-launch it to make sure the name registers to the game’s servers.
Once the Pokémon GO app is open, enter the Pokemon menu, find your renamed Eevee, and hit “Evolve” to meet your new and improved Eevee.
How to Evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon Using Day and Night
Naming Eevee is not the only way to determine its evolution. There is actually another way to evolve Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon.
- First, your Eevee must have 10KMs walked and 2 Candy collected as your Buddy
- The Eevee must be set as you Buddy during Evolution
- Evolve Eevee at Night to get Umbreon
- Evolve Eevee during the Day to get Espeon
More Eevee Evolutions
Eevee has received a few new additions to its evolution roster over the years through all of the Pokemon games, with grass, ice, and fairy types being added recently. there are actually 8 Eevee evolutions within the Pokemon franchise at this point. Unfortunately, you can’t get Sylveon, Leafeon, or Glaceon in Pokemon Go just yet. As more Evolutions of Eevee are introduced into Pokemon Go, we will update this page.
- YYC Game Critique – Do Not Feed the Monkeys
- YYC Game Critique – Forager
- YYC Game Critique – Wandersong
- YYC Game Critique – Void Bastards
- YYC Game Critique – Cultist Simulator