[Presented in English with Japanese translation]
Mark talks about how professional renderers such as Mantra work and why noise occurs during the rendering process. Mark then discusses various de-noising algorithms including the Optix denoiser that can be used with Houdini 17.
Mark Elendt is a Senior Mathematician at SideFX, where he’s spent over 25 years writing code for PRISMS, Houdini and Mantra. Earlier this year, he and SideFX received an Academy Award® of Merit for the creation and development of Houdini.
- Learning Houdini: You’re Doing It Wrong and How to do it Right | Matt Estela | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini Foundations: Pipeline in a Box | Robert Magee | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini Oceans | Jeff “Old School” Wagner | Houdini HIVE Paris
- Science-Based Storytelling in Planetarium Show Production & Other Digital Media | Jerone Lapré |…
- Houdini 17.5 Launch Event