In Houdini, networks of nodes can be easily wrapped up into Houdini Digital Assets then shared with other artists. With the Houdini Engine, these assets can be loaded into the Unity game editor with procedural controls available to artists.
The results can then be further manipulated in Unity. Anytime a parameter is changed on the asset, the Houdini Engine is called upon to “cook” the network of nodes and publish the results to Unity. This allows for deep integration of Houdini Digital Assets into a Unity game development pipeline. The game content is baked out when the game is published.
Learn more at https://www.sidefx.com/games/ and https://www.sidefx.com/products/houdini-engine/unity-plug-in/
- Procedural Workflows with Houdini and Unity 2018 for Game Artists | Kenny Lammers | SIGGRAPH 2018
- Houdini Engine for Autodesk Maya and 3DS Max | Robert Magee | GDC 2018
- Make More Assets | Rob Stauffer | GDC 2018
- Hex Map Generator | Anjeong Go & Fianna Wong | GDC 2018
- Houdini Foundations | Robert Magee | GDC 2018