In Houdini, networks of nodes can be easily wrapped up into Houdini Digital Assets then shared with other artists. With the Houdini Engine, these assets can be loaded into the Unity game editor with procedural controls available to artists.
The results can then be further manipulated in Unity. Anytime a parameter is changed on the asset, the Houdini Engine is called upon to “cook” the network of nodes and publish the results to Unity. This allows for deep integration of Houdini Digital Assets into a Unity game development pipeline. The game content is baked out when the game is published.
Learn more at https://www.sidefx.com/games/ and https://www.sidefx.com/products/houdini-engine/unity-plug-in/
- Houdini Foundations: Pipeline in a Box | Robert Magee | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Evolving Pipelines with PDG | Jeff Wagner | Houdini Illume
- PDG as a Pipeline Tool for Small Teams | Pavel Smirnov | SIGGRAPH 2019
- UE4 Livestream – Rebirth: Worldbuilding with Houdini
- PDG for Indie Gamedev | Section 2 | Video 8