One of the hardest things to do is to transfer skills from one software to another especially if the interface and workflows are new to you. John makes this easier for Maya artists coming to Houdini as he explains how Houdini works from a Maya point of view.
For more Houdini basic learning, start here: https://www.sidefx.com/learn/
- Vellum Unveiled | John Moncrief | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini Foundations: Pipeline in a Box | Robert Magee | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Intro to Motion Operators (MOPs) | Moritz Schwind & Henry Foster | End User Event 2019
- Intro to Procedural Modeling: Not Just Another Rock Generator | John Moncrief | GDC 2019
- Candy Crush | KING | Houdini Connect