Houdini 17 includes a wealth of new features, including a GPU-accelerated multisolver for cloth, hair, soft bodies and grains, a new white water solver, a material-based destruction framework, facial autorigs, fullbody IK, enhanced animation and modeling workflows, UV autoseaming, GLTF I/O, gamedev tools and much more.
On October 2, SideFX is hosting the Houdini 17 Launch event at Cirque Éloize in Montreal. The presentation will be recorded and we’ll publish it asap afterwards.
The H17 release is scheduled for mid-October 2018.
- CG Blacksmithing | Fianna Wong | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Vellum Unveiled | John Moncrief | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini Foundations: Pipeline in a Box | Robert Magee | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini Game Development Toolset
- Houdini as a Comprehensive Gamedev Tool | Ben House | GDC 2019