This masterclass covers new shading features in Houdini 16. The focus is on aspects that enable visual effects which weren’t possible before. For example realistic absorption and dispersion. Nested dielectrics are covered in depth. These allow for correct rendering of interfaces between transparent media with hardly any setup work.
Download related scene files here: sidefx.com/tutorials/houdini-16-masterclass-new-shading-features/
- H17 Masterclass: Vellum Drape
- SideFX Webinar: HDA Building Part 2
- Houdini Rendering & De-noising | Mark Elendt | SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 (Tokyo)
- Houdini Foundations | Robert Magee | GDC 2018
- Vellum Cloth Basics | Sara Rascon | Toronto Houdini User Group (THUG) | Nov 2018