On Monday, January 22, 2018, I attended the Coal Creek Game Developers Meetup and had the pleasure of meeting Zack Harmon. He is the one man developer team of Moonvalk Studios. He created the game Gongbat, a 2D, sidescrolling, pixel amazing, SHMUP. This post is about Zack and his first award-winning game, Gongbat.
Gongbat is a Classic
The game brings me back to my grade school days of yelling at the TV and tossing a controller only to be overjoyed when I finally beat the relentless bosses of my favorite SHMUPs.
To say the least, the game is fantastic. And not just that, Zack made the game by himself. The audio, the graphics, the code; all him. A great achievement for an indie developer.
For those of you wondering, Zack used the GameMaker Studio to create his masterpiece.
Moonvalk Studios website.
Subscribe to the #YGD email list. Receive updates, game dev news, tutorials and much more… all to help you make your video game.
Please share this post on your social networks! Thanks!
- Being an Indie Game Developer
- Share Your Web Based Games and Win Some Cash
- Sneak Peek: New Miramar map and HDR graphics in PUBG MOBILE 0.5.0 Beta
- Monthly Meetup: Lessons for Releasing on Mobile, a Disjoint Postmoterm
- Phase Drift: New Mobile Indie Game