▶ Source code & project base: https://shaunjs.itch.io/shauns-platformer
▶ Support my work: https://www.patreon.com/shaunjs
Build a pixel perfect platformer using tile collision which handles arbitrary slopes. All in GameMaker Studio 2. Time to move on from slow and messy object based collision!
My previous video on tiled collision:
Due to the use of tilemaps this method doesn’t apply to GameMaker Studio 1.x. You could still accomplish something like this in 1.x but you would have to build your own tile system likely using ds_grids, etc.
A lot of this was based on Mike Dailly’s method for generating a height table: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM5tnVRH7c
- Pinball FX2 VR – Universal Classics Pinball Launch Trailer | PS VR
- PROCEDURAL TERRAIN in Unity! – Mesh Generation
- GameMaker Studio 2: Rope Swing Tutorial
- Graveyard Keeper Launch Trailer
- Oak Hill Robotics Makerspace Meeting: July 11