▶ Source code & project base: https://shaunjs.itch.io/shauns-platformer
▶ Support my work: https://www.patreon.com/shaunjs
Build a pixel perfect platformer using tile collision which handles arbitrary slopes. All in GameMaker Studio 2. Time to move on from slow and messy object based collision!
My previous video on tiled collision:
Due to the use of tilemaps this method doesn’t apply to GameMaker Studio 1.x. You could still accomplish something like this in 1.x but you would have to build your own tile system likely using ds_grids, etc.
A lot of this was based on Mike Dailly’s method for generating a height table: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM5tnVRH7c
- GameMaker Studio 2 – Random Level Generation
- GameMaker Studio 2 – PokeyPoke Live Dev Stream
- GameMaker Studio 2: Complete Platformer Tutorial (Part 12: Parent + child objects)
- GameMaker Studio 2: Complete Platformer Tutorial (Part 13: Sound effects)
- GameMaker Studio 2: Complete Platformer Tutorial (Part 14: Dying )