How to localize text in your game for other languages using .INI files. This shows how I localized the text in Another Perspective and some of the spacing issues I ran into.
Also check out:
My tutorial on using INI files: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH9JxykJb6k
My tutorial on text boxes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdJ0ZUIs-AI
The game featured in this video, Another Perspective: http://shaunspalding.co.uk/AnotherPerspective/
Find these videos useful? Consider supporting on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/shaunjs
Here is the script I wrote to pull the correct string from language.ini, scr_string:
I believe in accessible education, this video’s content and any included GameMaker source files are and always will be free for anyone to use in their projects, commercial or otherwise. No credit or consent is needed to use this code in your own work, I merely ask that the video and/or source files themselves are not redistributed as they are without my consent.
- GameMaker Studio 2: Complete Platformer Tutorial (Part 19: Crates & Pickups)
- GameMaker Studio 2: Complete Platformer Tutorial (Part 20: Sparks & Dust)
- MESH GENERATION in Unity – Basics
- FIRE AND SMOKE with Unity VFX Graph!
- PROCEDURAL TERRAIN in Unity! – Mesh Generation