This fire effect was created in Houdini 9.5 using volume fluids. The flaming ball was rolled into shot where it’s temperature attributes spread onto the fuel causing even more fire to ignite. Point lights were instanced throughout the fire to simulate its glow.
- Developer Update | Introducing Wrecking Ball | Overwatch
- Houdini Concepts for the Maya Artist | John Moncrief | SIGGRAPH 2018 (SideFX)
- [NEW HERO – NOW AVAILABLE] Wrecking Ball Origin Story | Overwatch
- Fire Pro Wrestling World – Overview Trailer | PS4
- Fire Pro Wrestling World – Kenny Omega Trailer | PS4