This fire effect was created in Houdini 9.5 using volume fluids. The flaming ball was rolled into shot where it’s temperature attributes spread onto the fuel causing even more fire to ignite. Point lights were instanced throughout the fire to simulate its glow.
- Houdini Concepts for the Maya Artist | John Moncrief | SIGGRAPH 2018 (SideFX)
- Two Point Hospital Diagnosis Challenge
- Brick Smash Part 2 | Under the Hood
- Jeff’s Top 10 Features of H17 | Jeff Wagner | Houdini Illume Webinar
- Heavy Fire: Red Shadow – Launch Trailer | PS4