Epic Games has announced some pretty exciting news regarding game development and trying to make a little money.
- Epic Games increases marketplace seller payouts
- Epic games awards $1 million of Unreal Dev Grants
Increase in Marketplace Seller Payouts
Marketplace creators will now receive 88% of their product sales! Epic Games has announced a sweeping change to the Unreal Engine Marketplace, whereby creators on the store will now receive 88% of their product sales, an increase from the common 70% / 30% split of other digital stores.
In addition to implementing the policy for future sales, Epic is paying out all Marketplace sellers retroactively, applying the more creator-friendly 88% rate to previous transactions dating back to the store’s 2014 launch.
$1 Million in Unreal Dev Grants
Epic Games has awarded $1 million to 37 creators and teams in a new round of Unreal Dev Grants. The no-strings-attached program provides financial assistance to outstanding projects built in and around Unreal Engine 4.
Nice Little TidBit
Each month, Epic awards high-end GPUs to those creating visually stunning content with Unreal Engine. Whether you’re making an indie game or an enterprise application, you can submit for a chance to receive a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, compliments of NVIDIA and Epic!
- Unreal Engine 4.20 is Here!
- Fortnite – New Limited Time Mode: Playground | PS4
- Fortnite – New Item: Jetpack | PS4
- Fortnite – Season 5 Battle Pass Intro and Overview | PS4
- Fishing Sim World – Announce Trailer | PS4