All Day Music Synthesis Event
- Synthesis / Synthesizer Competition
- Watch or Compete: 6 pm – 8 pm, Sound & Performance Competition
- Must Register at synthgod-competition.org to compete
- Artificial Consciousness Machines Band Live Performance
- 8 pm
- Swap Meet – Buy, Sell, Trade, Win!
- 10 am – 8 pm
- Guitar Center of Boardman Swap Tables
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- Free Admission
- Free Parking
- Food Truck Available
Symposium Event Schedule
- Intro to MuseScore: Julie Swango
- 10 am – 11 am
- Dave Smith (Creator of MIDI)
- 11 am – 12 pm
- Arpeggiation with MOIF: Cameron Hughes
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- Dr. Roger Dannenberg (Creator of Audacity)
- 1:40 pm – 2:40 pm
- Panel: Will AI Replace Musicians?
- 3pm – 4:30 pm
Music Automation and Synthesis Symposium
Guest Speaker Dr. Roger Dannenberg
- Professor of Computer Science, Art, and Music at Carnegie Mellon University
- Creator of Audacity
- Discuss Applications of Machine Learning to Music
Roger Dannenburg will describe the origins and future of Audacity and talk about other projects, including various projects to integrate computers into live performance, and applications of machine learning to music.
Guest Speaker Dave Smith (via Skype)
- Engineer, Computer Scientist, Pioneer of Music Technologies
- Creator of MIDI
- Developer of 1st Commercial Musical Instrument with Embedded Microprocessor
The moderator (Steve Taraszewski) will ask him questions then open it up to the attendees for a Q&A.
Will the New Artificial Intelligence and Digital Music Automation Help, Hurt, or Hinder Artists?
Takes place 11 am – 12 pm with Cameron Hughes as the moderator.
- Bozhidar Bozhanov
- Creator of Computoser
- Jack Ciarniello
- of Take Note Productions
- Roger Dannenberg
- Creator of Audacity
Tech Talk: Julie Swango – Introduction to MuseScore
MuseScore is a free composition and notation software. This tech talk will consist of a three main components:
- product overview
- product customization
- music transcription demo
Tech Talk: Cameron Hughes
Subtractive Synthesis and Arpeggiation with the MOTIF
When is this Event?
Saturday, September 22, 2018
10 am – 9 pm
Where is this Event?
Metroplex Expo Center (MAP)
1620 Motor Inn Dr.
Girard, OH 44420
The event is free and open to the public.
The Announcements and Giveaways will take place at the end of the Symposium between 4:45 pm and 5 pm. The event lasts through 9 pm.
Please click the following links for more details or questions regarding the event.