We connect with Peter Ridgway, Global CG Supervisor, and Miguel Mendez, Technical Artist, on how KING has developed a global platform of modular tools that enables artists to develop 3D environments for any KING game.
Using Houdini Engine, they can build and deploy Houdini tools to target apps such as Maya, 3ds Max, Unity, and their own proprietary engines – so that artists can use Houdini procedural technology in the software they already know how to use.
To learn more about using Houdini for game development, visit:
- Houdini Foundations: Pipeline in a Box | Robert Magee | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini as a Comprehensive Gamedev Tool | Ben House | GDC 2019
- “Game” Development Tools | Luiz Kruel | SIGGRAPH 2019
- PDG Automation Pipeline: Make More Assets | Rob Stauffer | GDC 2019
- PDG for Indie Gamedev | Section 1 | Video 1