Houdini 9.5’s new fire and smoke tools were used to create this volume fluid simulation of a camp fire. The new DSD (Detonation Shock Dynamics) microsolver was used to simulate the flames and Houdini’s new Ramp parameter was used to control the fire’s changing colors. Point lights were instanced throughout the fire to simulate its glow and a simple particle simulation was created to add sparks.
A higher rez video file can be found in the Houdini Gallery and the scene file is available for download at the Houdini Exchange
- Whitewater System | Omar Zarifi | H17 Masterclass
- Houdini Pyro FX | Fire & Flames | Part 3
- Bladerunner 2049 & Coco VR | Cosku Turhan | GDC 2019
- Crowd Workshop – PT 1: RIGGING | Louis-Philippe Clavet | SIGGRAPH 2019
- Houdini Tools for Unity VFX Graph | Thomas Iché | GDC 2019