Houdini 9.5’s new fire and smoke tools were used to create this volume fluid simulation of a camp fire. The new DSD (Detonation Shock Dynamics) microsolver was used to simulate the flames and Houdini’s new Ramp parameter was used to control the fire’s changing colors. Point lights were instanced throughout the fire to simulate its glow and a simple particle simulation was created to add sparks.
A higher rez video file can be found in the Houdini Gallery and the scene file is available for download at the Houdini Exchange
- H17 Masterclass: Vellum Drape
- Houdini Foundations – Dynamics | Robert Magee (SideFX) | SIGGRAPH 2018
- Houdini Concepts for the Maya Artist | John Moncrief | SIGGRAPH 2018 (SideFX)
- Delayed Load Rendering Workflow | Kenneth Polonski (Embassy VFX) | SIGGRAPH 2018
- Game Development Made Easy Using Houdini | Paul Ambrosiussen | GDC 2018