Valve’s game streaming service “Steam Link” will not be part of Apple’s iOS for now because of some “business conflicts with app guidelines”.
“Steam Link functions as a remote desktop for users to access their ‘Steam library of PC games’ from mobile devices and streams them directly for touchscreen play or via a Bluetooth controller for users,” The Verge reported on Thursday.
The speculation being made about the “business conflict” points to the fact that “Steam Link” would give iOS users the access to another app store, “Steam” within Apple’s tightly controlled ecosystem and this could have created issues between the game developer and the iPhone-maker, the report added.
“Steam Link” was first announced for mobile in March and Valve launched the beta version of “Steam Link” on Android earlier this month.
Valve says “we hope Apple will reconsider in the future”.
- Atari VCS Orders: Less Than One Week!
- Twitch: Designing an 8-direction character for Spine Pt.1
- Twitch: Designing an 8-direction character for Spine Pt.2
- Twitch: Rigging an 8-direction character for animation in Spine Pt.2
- IndieCade 2018 Regular Submissions CLOSE May 28th