Jump_logo_dark_big-768x353

New Indie Game Subscription Service

New Indie Game Subscription Service

Jump has been described as Netflix for indie games.

Like Netflix, it is a monthly subscription service that allows you to play games from the Jump library. They call themselves a “one-of-a-kind game discovery service for gamers”. The service allows gamers to discover indie games they might not otherwise have the chance to.

This is an important marketing tool for indie developers, because, most of you devs are aware, discoverability is one of the hardest things in the current indie developer marketplace, no matter the platform.

Many developers have complained about Steam and mobile stores especially, not even letting their games be on the “New Release” front page for a whole day due to the large amount of games being published every day.

Team Jump

“Team Jump”, is what they call their employee team is made of software developers and game industry veterans who have experienced the tough market difficult challenges that come with being an indie game developer. Their goal is to help consumers find and play the quality indie game, so they are not buried and lost in the long list of daily indie releases.

Cost of the Indie Game Subscription

Jump Indie Game Subcscription 14 day trial no commitment

Like Netflix, the cost is $9.99 per month, with no contract. So, if you don’t like it, you can cancel it. They also offer a 14-day free trial, so you can try before you buy, which is great. This is a new service, so many consumers might be a little iffy about paying their hard-earned money for something they know nothing about. The 14-day free trial allows you to remove the risk and try it first, since they do not require you to enter your credit card.

Team Jump states that new games will be added every month. You get the library of practically limitless indie games, without having to actually purchase them all. Super awesome.

Yes, Devs Make Money, Too

Jump indie game subscription new games every month support game devs

The best part of the service they offer is that this service pays the developers. According to their charts, the developers receive 70% of the total. The other 30%, of course, goes to Jump so that they can improve their services to you and pay their team. So, play the games, and everyone wins!

You can contact Team Jump about adding your indie game to their library. Right now, they seem to be doing it via email listed in the footer of their website.

More About Jump

The Jump service seems like an ultimate win for the developer and the consumer. But truly, only time will tell. Check out Jump for yourself, here.


Similar Posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *