QA Tester – Activision
- Tests pre-release versions of game titles and game tools for ease of use, reliability, consistency, and product defects.
- Learn the testing processes and participate in game evaluations, a process that measures the functionality of the game and the specific design recommendations to address problems and increase playability.
- Frequently uses independent judgment within established procedures.
- Participates in-game testing activities and assists in preparing bug reports.
- Writes and delivers bug reports to lead, Production, and related disciplines on time.
- Will be required to communicate with individuals of all disciplines of game development via email, IM, and direct oral communication.
- Learn current game engine and bug writing tools to provide data, feedback, and support for the team.
- Works with development team to track down issues using a variety of game authoring tools, including creation and deployment of game builds.
- Understanding of software quality assurance practices and their importance to developing content.
- Development knowledge of PC, Xbox One or PS4.
- Self-driven, adaptable problem-solver and a great team player.
- Strong passion for video game development.
- Maintains a positive team atmosphere with peers and management.
- 1+ year QA Tester experience in games.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Communicates effectively with the lead and development team.
- Continuous and adaptable learner.
- Experience working directly in game engines and understanding game vernacular.
- Familiarity with practical use of the Scientific Method
- Experience working on TRC/TCR testing.
World class games start with world-class talent! This is a unique time in Activision’s history – and one of the most exciting opportunities to join us! Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software like Call of Duty, Destiny and the Blizzard Entertainment Franchises.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio that’s developed for blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty and Transformers. We are 100 people strong, located in the always-sunny beachside city of Carlsbad, California.
Our goal is simple: make game experiences that kick ass and blow minds. High Moon Studios is led by award-winning veterans and a crack production staff that have over 200 years of combined development experience. We work hard. We play hard. It’s time to add world-class talent as we partner with Bungie to work on their groundbreaking Destiny Franchise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/qa-tester-1958?src=JB-10260 →