What is a Game Jam? This Game Jam is a 3 day over-night event where you and a team of 1-5 people come together to create a video game prototype.
Game Jam Theme
The theme for your game will be announced at the Game Jam’s opening speech, just after registration.
Cost to Attend
The event is totally free for you, and meals are included. In order to attend, you will need to sign up by March 24, 2017. The link to sign up is here.
Things to Bring
You do not need to have a team in advance; you can always form or join a team to meet new people when you get there!
- Laptop is preferred, but desktop is also acceptable
- Wacom / Drawing Tablet
- Any software you need should already be installed on your device
- Pen and Paper
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Air Mattress or Cot (the museum has cement floors)
- Snacks (we provide meals and some snacks)
- Toothbrush and paste
This list is full of suggestions. None of these things are mandatory for this event, except for maybe the computer. Also, this building does not have showers, so be prepared for that.
So, pack up your sleeping bags and computers, game devs, and come have a weekend of fun with the Youngstown Game Developers!
All the spots are filled up! If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
First off, let’s get you registered before March 24, 2017! Registration will be open by November 11th. Space is limited; sign up before it’s too late!
Secondly, we will need some info. On the Friday that the game jam starts (March 31st, 2017) we will provide a link to a form we want you to fill out so we know where people are and how to make things better for future jams, as well as what prizes you would like to be entered to win.
That’s right, we have some prizes to give away! This game jam is a non-competitive jam, however, we still wanted to offer some cool stuff to give away. Thanks to our wonderful sponsors, we have some cool stuff to give away during the game jam! The way it will work, is when you fill out the form on Friday, you will also select which prizes you would like to be entered to win. To be fair for everyone, once you are randomly selected as a winner, your name will be removed from the randomization list. Now, to select the prizes you want, you’ll have to wait until you sign in on Friday, however, here’s a list of what we will be giving away!
(List is subject to change)
2017 Game Jam Prizes:
- 1 year indie license for Houdini Indie ($199 value) (3 to give away!)
- Scirra Construct 2 Personal License ($129.99 value) (2 to give away!)
- Humble Bundle GameMaker Edition gifted from Eim-Games (GameMaker Studio Pro with Modules and several games for Steam!)
- YoYo Games GameMaker: Studio Professional license
- RPG Maker MV License ($79.99 value, 4 available)
- Unity 5: Learn C# By Developing Games from Packt Publishing ($35.00 value)
- Unreal Engine 4 Scripting with C++ Cookbook from Packt Publishing ($39.99 value)
- 10$ Gift Certificate from Quaker Steak and Lube in Boardman, OH (2 to give away!)
- 3 Month indie license for Houdini Indie (everyone gets one starting January!)
- Unity swag for everyone!
- and tons of other swag from all of our sponsors!
List is being updated as we receive sponsor info, up through the event so you can keep in mind the prizes you would like to be entered into to be randomly selected to win.
Don’t forget, the game jam sign up deadline is March 24, 2017!
April Fools’ Game Jam 2017 – Team Declarations (link will be live on March 31, 2017)
McDonough Museum of Art
525 Wick Ave
Youngstown, OH MAP
Parking is available in the M-30 deck for $5. During construction on Wick Avenue please follow posted detours to the Walnut Street entrance to the parking deck. The GPS address for the m30 Deck is 100 Wade Street, Youngstown, OH 44502.
Please let the attendant know you are there for the Game Jam in McDonough.
6pm – 7pm: registration/check in and dinner
7pm – 7:30pm: keynote/opening speech about the jam
7:30pm and on: start jamming! don’t forget to nap when necessary
8:30am 9:30am: breakfast
12pm – 1pm: lunch
1pm – 2pm: team pics
6pm -7pm: dinner
8:30am – 12:30pm: brunch
2pm – 3pm: submit your games
3pm – 5pm: present games
4pm – 5pm: wrap up
*schedule subject to change
RSVP Now! All the spots are filled up! If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
Please read our WAIVER OF LIABILITY.